Tara Sweeney is the only Alaska Native woman ever appointed by the president of the United States to serve our country in Washington, D.C.
- 13th Assistant Secretary for Indian Affairs at the U.S. Department of the Interior
- Executive Vice President of External Affairs, Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (ASRC)
- International Chair of the Arctic Economic Council
- Chair, Seven Glaciers
- Co-chair, Alaska Federation of Natives (AFN)
- Co-chair, Don Young for Congress campaign
- Co-chair, Dan Sullivan for U.S. Senate campaign
- Board member, Ted Stevens Foundation
- Board member, First National Bank Alaska
- Small business owner
“ I am focused on delivering results for Alaska. We need a robust economy, strong labor force, and healthy communities. We need to promote development of our natural resources, maximize our strategic location in the interest of national security and arrest the growing trends of social challenges impacting Alaskans and our communities. I want to build upon Alaska's strong foundation and focus on the opportunities for the future."
- Tara Sweeney